How Community Leaders Can Keep Learning at Any Age
Whether you’re a religious leader, a coach, a teacher, or simply a concerned citizen involved with local political efforts, you know that other people in your community look to you for wisdom and guidance. As a community leader, you can better serve your neighbors by prioritizing lifelong learning. Today, Philanthropegie shares some vital resources to help leaders keep learning at any age.
Maybe you haven’t been a student for a while – but that doesn’t mean your education is over! Here’s how to pursue formal education as an adult learner.
- Consider taking a leadership skills course. Your workplace might even be interested in offering you this opportunity!
- By enrolling in an online degree program, you can earn your bachelor’s on a flexible schedule!
Learning outside of the classroom can be extremely fulfilling and memorable. Consider pursuing these real-world learning opportunities.
- Volunteering is a great way to make the world a better place while learning from others.
- You would be amazed by how many free educational resources you can find at your local library!
- Trying new hobbies could be the key to expanding your skill set while having fun.
- Packing up and hitting the road is the ticket to seeing life from a new perspective.
Sometimes, focusing on personal development gives you the chance to learn more about yourself and those around you.
- Working with a mentor can enable you to fulfill your true potential.
- Improving your critical thinking abilities can help you come up with better solutions for those who need your support.
- Polish up your networking skills in order to meet new people who can teach you something!
- Try to optimize your home for wellness and positivity.
Challenging yourself to keep learning at every stage of life is very rewarding. And for leaders, expanding your knowledge of the world is essential. By following the suggestions in these resources, you can become a more confident, well-rounded leader!
Philanthropegie provides easy access to thousands of valuable resources available to people who want to make a meaningful difference in the world. We don’t charge a fee to the people who look for resources and we don’t charge a fee to the organizations whose resources are listed on our site. We’re not here to make money — we’re here to make a difference. We’d love to hear from you!
Photo via Pexels